unable to load 1password on a different computer. I have the emergency kit with all of the info

Options

I'm replacing my computer with a newer one but 1password I've entered all of my info and when I try to login in it says "Can’t sign in. The email address and Secret Key are not correct". I know it is all correct I have 1password on my PC and my iPhone

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to load 1password on a different computer. I have the emergency kit with all of the info

Comments

• I hate asking this because I know it's a pain, but have you double-checked for typos in all of the credentials you entered? Not just that email and Secret Key, but also your sign-in address as a typo there could lead to a similar error since your info would not be correct for that sign-in address. I know it's probably everyone's least favorite suggestion, but if you ever have to manually type all of that stuff at once, that's prime typo territory and they have slipped past me setting up new device on numerous occasions.

Also could you clarify exactly where you're having trouble signing in? Is the issue happening in your Windows desktop app, or in your browser attempting to sign-in to 1Password.com? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.