Firefox: every other click of extension button fails to open

For the last little while (at least the last couple releases) I have this intermittent but annoying problem where the extension window requires two clicks to open.

The first click shows just the little arrow (see screenshot) and the second works normally.

Once this starts happening, it is a consistent problem until I restart my browser. I'm not sure what other details I can provide, but please let me know!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Manjaro Linux (KDE)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tetious!

We can test this and see if we can reproduce the same behavior. What version of the Firefox browser is this happening with?

• FoxFifth
    FoxFifth
    Community Member

I have the same issue (except for us the issue is more consistent than intermittent) on both my MacBook Pro and my wife's Windows 10 laptop. Both are running Firefox 76.0.1 and has been happening on both computers for at least several weeks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@FoxFifth – That's no fun at all! Thanks for reporting the issue to us. I've tried many times, but I haven't had any luck in reproducing the issue in Firefox 76.0.1 on my MacBook Pro. When this happens, does the 1Password X pop-up eventually load if you let it hang for a second or two? Also, do you notice it happen only after you've used the browser for a while, or does the issue occur right away?

• FoxFifth
    FoxFifth
    Community Member

I restarted Firefox and the problem is gone. I will watch to see how long before it returns and will let you know and will also let you know if it loads after waiting a second or two.
    If it's days or weeks before the problem returns I'll just restart Firefox more often. Not a big deal.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @FoxFifth. That should help me in reproducing the issue.

This discussion has been closed.