Filling at community.cbr.com

I've noticed this minor issue for a long time. Fill is flaky in the discussion forum at

https://community.cbr.com/forum.php

A couple of ways to get login to work:

1) Press CMD+\ twice. The first time, the user name fills. The second time, I get the expected asterisks in the password field, then can press CR to log in.

2) Press CMD+\, then press CR, sometimes once, but often more than once. The password field never visibly fills, but eventually you do get logged in.

Bottom line is it ultimately works, but not in the elegant way we've come to expect :). I consider this a low priority annoyance.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Tonetony ,

Looking at this website's code, I see there are actually three fields:

• A username field.
    • An invisible password field.
    • A visible password field.

The invisible password field is the actual field that needs to be filled, and the visible field is just some placeholder that I don't fully understand its purpose.
    When you autofill, the hidden password field is being autofilled correctly, but you can't see it. Only after clicking the visible password field will the "real" password field show up and show it is autofilled.

Not much we can do there, but autofilling does seem to work as it should, even if the website doesn't show it or behaves strangely.

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member

Ah, that makes perfect sense givien what I experience there.

Thanks for looking into this!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

No problem :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.