Must other family members download the app or can they use just the online access?

Mac_Mom
Mac_Mom
Community Member

One of my family members wants to use only the online 1password for families. Is he required to download and use the desktop app? Also, does he have to use browser extensions? He'd rather just cut and paste the logins when needed. (He has a windows computer and I've only used 1Password on Macs.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do other family members have to download the app or can they just use the online access?

Comments

• Hi @Mac_Mom

If the web app and copying and pasting are what this person prefers then we're certainly not going to stand in their way. :) Personally I find at least having the 1Password X browser extension, if nothing else, very convenient, but if they don't want it they don't have to have it.

Ben

• Mac_Mom
    Mac_Mom
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. He'll be very happy to hear that. I think he may change his mind over time but at least he's taken this first step. :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2020

Absolutely. Using the web app and coping + pasting is infinitely better than not using a password manager. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.