How can my MP be different on my MAC than on my IOS devices ?

mfigs
mfigs
Community Member

I have a team account and I am the only member. I am currently separated from my wife. who might have my MP, ive noticed insignificant issues in non-critical data type of accounts. its so well done it seems as if ive myself written these emails. As in MSFT365 or bank details.

I need one password across these devices and some way of blocking her ability to use her stolen credentials of changing any passwords. Is there a mass action or block it to my Mac address and and IP?HELP before its real bad

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.5 safari
OS Version: Mac OS catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: not sure
Referrer: forum-search:master password on my MAC changed yet still requires my old password on my Ipad and

Comments

• Hi @mfigs

If your Master Password is different on various devices that would suggest one of two things:

1. You have a 'Primary' vault on one or more of the devices (a holdover from standalone usage).
    2. You have multiple accounts. In this case the first account that is added to each device is the one used to unlock 1Password on that device.

If you suspect someone may have your credentials for 1Password I would recommend changing them, as well as the credentials stored in your account, as soon as possible. You may want to prioritize: 1Password, email accounts, financial institutions, and then others.

How to change your Master Password | 1Password

Once you've changed your Master Password (and Secret Key) I would highly recommend printing a new Emergency Kit and writing the new Master Password on it. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.