1Password for Windows Autolock

Options

As a new 1Password for Windows 10 user I am having trouble with the autolock feature.

I have set 1Password to "Start automatically" when Window starts, "Lock after computer is idle for" is set to never and "Lock when computer is locked" is set to off. I also have the Chrome extension 1PasswordX installed

Nevertheless, whenever I switch to another app and then later try to use 1Password again it always requires me to supply my PIN or master password.

What have I missed about autolock?

Thanks - Jack

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: 10.0.19041
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Could you tell me where you're being asked for your Master Password? Are you seeing this in the desktop app or in 1Password X? The answer to your question will be a bit different, depending, so that's a good place to start. Thanks! :chuffed:

• JWadle47
    JWadle47
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be 1Password X in Chrome.

• Blake
    Options

Since 1Password X operates in the browser alone (meaning it doesn't "talk" to the 1Password for Windows Application) it has separate settings you'll need to change.

Take in mind that regardless of what your AutoLock settings are set to within 1Password X, if you close your browser then you'll have to re-enter your Master Password again.

• Open the 1Password X Extension
    • Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner and then click on "Settings"
    • Change the time found next to "Lock after system is idle for" to whatever you'd like! 😊

• JWadle47
    JWadle47
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll try it.

• It's no trouble at all, @JWadle47! Hopefully all works out, but let me know if you're still having trouble. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.