To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I want to put 1 Password 7 on an old iPad with 6.5. that belonged to my wife. How do I get started?

Joe324
Joe324
Community Member
edited May 2020 in Memberships

The iPad is a model MC989LL/A. The software is version 9.3.5 (13G36). I went to the Apple App Store. When I try to download Password 7, my only choice is to'Open'. which takes me back to the iPad home page. I don't know what words use to find an article in the KB. My 1 Password account detailsBill to: [personal information removed; this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.3.5 (13G36)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to put 1 Password 7 on an old iPad with 6.5. that belonged to my wife. How do I get started?

Comments

• Hi @Joe324,

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. I've removed your personal information from your post as this is a public forum — anyone can read what you write here. If you'd prefer a private conversation with us please email us at support@1password.com.

The iPad you referenced is not compatible with 1Password. 1Password requires iOS 12.2, so unfortunately that iPad is 3 major OS versions behind, and I don't believe it can be updated further. We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start planning for a newer model. From a security perspective, I wouldn't recommend connecting an OS that is no longer receiving security updates, as is the case with iOS 9, to the internet.

I'm sorry I don't have better news, but I hope that information is helpful.

Ben

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Ben, Thank you for the very complete explanation.

• You are most welcome.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.