Having to reinstall browser extenstions each day

Options
krisjski
krisjski
Community Member

After the most recent update to 1Password's Mac version, I noticed that on first boot, I am getting prompted to re-install my browser extension on both Brave and Firefox. (I run both browsers side by side). Once re-installed, they work all day till I restart the computer for the following day and get the prompt again.

The helper appears to be running and the 1Password mini in the toolbar is accessible. I even opened the main mac program right at the start, but nothing fixes the issues until you remove and re-install the extensions.

I did have both browsers open when the update happened on 1Password. Is there something that possibly got corrupted or not properly authorized that would cause this?

Not a big deal, but kind of nag to start up and have to fix those two extensions each morning.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Having to reinstall browser extenstions each day

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @krisjski

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty getting the browser extensions to talk to 1Password for Mac. I'd be happy to help with that.

I did have both browsers open when the update happened on 1Password. Is there something that possibly got corrupted or not properly authorized that would cause this?

While I wouldn't expect any lasting effects from this, updating 1Password with the browsers open can cause a reboot of the Mac to be necessary. It sounds like you've already tried rebooting the Mac, though? If you've already tried rebooting the Mac, then please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari if it is running
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension in all browsers to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• krisjski
    krisjski
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed it!

Thanks so much for the quick reply Ben!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome, @krisjski. :) Glad to hear that did it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.