Migrating from Dashlane: how to separate or assign passwords to individual profiles/accounts

cyntheak0801
cyntheak0801
Community Member

We are thinking of migrating from Dashlane to 1Password. One of the issues we are having w/ Dashlane is the lack of being able to create separate accounts for each adult in our household. In Dashlane, dad's email for Amazon is attached to dad's email address for example. But then there is a second Amazon password associated with mom's e-mail address.

Once the data/passwords from Dashlane are imported to 1Password, do we have to manually pull out and assign each Dashlane password to each separate 1Password sub family account? Is that even possible to do? Help?

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cyntheak0801

It seems you'd be able to do a search for each of the email address and move all of the resulting items into the appropriate vault. :) It might take two moves though... first to a vault that is shared between the person doing the import from Dashlane and the person who's item it is. Then that person would move from the shared vault into their Personal vault.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• cyntheak0801
    cyntheak0801
    Community Member

Thanks so much Ben! This is exceptionally helpful: knowing that you can search for a specific email address after you do the import. We are totally sold now! Have a great weekend!

• cyntheak0801
    cyntheak0801
    Community Member

Hi Ben (or others) - So, that didn't work. Well, it only partially worked. My husband imported all of our passwords, and can see them. When I log into the website, I can see them. I do not however have ANY access to the items in the vaults on my 1Password app I downloaded on my Mac, or, on my Android phone.

When he imported, he chose shared. I am a family organizer on the account and the screen says I can manage all vaults using the vaults page. That being said, I do not show up as an identity in his app or across any of his devices. Even my phone shows up an authorized device under his account. We are confused and can't figure out what we did wrong and I why I can't see any of our items (which is about to be a serious problem for me in not being able to log into anything).

Urgent help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cyntheak0801:

When I log into the website, I can see them. I do not however have ANY access to the items in the vaults on my 1Password app I downloaded on my Mac, or, on my Android phone.

Have you already added your 1Password account to the 1Password for Mac app, and on your Android phone?

This discussion has been closed.