Only certain vaults on certain devices

Options

I have one laptop that I use exclusively for financial purposes. That laptop is rarely connected to the Internet. It goes to no websites. It has almost nothing installed. It’s intentionally separate from everything else and mostly disconnected.

How do I have 1password on that device and only have one particular vault that contains the logins I only need there.

And secondly: how do I make sure none of that login information nor that vault are on ANY of my other devices which are using 1password?

I don’t want the vault to be selectable in the settings. I don’t even want the option to be seen on any of my other devices. Can this be done with 1 account or do I need a separate account for that laptop?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AgileBurger!

Selective sync is currently not possible I am afraid. However, if you have a 1Password Families account, you could try a workaround: you could create a second user account for work, only share your work Vault to your account, and login to your work computer with this second account. This way, only the Work vault will be available on this device.

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    Options

Why can’t I use the multiple selectable vaults feature to accomplish something like I’m hoping? Isn’t that almost the entire purpose of allowing different vaults??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AgileBurger:

Why can’t I use the multiple selectable vaults feature to accomplish something like I’m hoping?

Because the selective sync feature is not available at the moment I am afraid.

Isn’t that almost the entire purpose of allowing different vaults??

Different vaults can be used to separate data in any way you find useful (for example between personal data and work data), but since the vaults are inside the same account, it's more of an organizational tool. Since they belong to the same user account (especially if you are using an Individual account, where you are the only user), once you login to your 1Password account on a device, all your items are synced.

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Am I paying monthly for 1Password? I’m fine getting another account I guess.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AgileBurger:

It depends on what type of subscription you chose when you create the account. I encourage you to reach out to our support team at sales@1password.com via email so they can check this for you if you don't know, and they can do so in private without having to share billing information on a public forum.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.