1p extension for windows MS edge

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

is the password extension available for the newest version of microsoft edge (15.1.4)? Just updated, checked the extension in the microsoft store and all I could find was 1password X.

I have family account of 1p 7.4.767

BTW, what is the difference between 1p and 1pX?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rlgleason51!

Yes, you can download the companion browser extension for Edge here, right below the 1Password X download links.

BTW, what is the difference between 1p and 1pX?

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

The companion browser extension is our older browser extension, the one that required the 1Password app to be installed. Because 1Password X is an exclusive for 1Password subscribers, you would use the older companion browser extension if you don't have a 1Password account, for example.

But ultimately, it is up to you which one you choose: if you have a 1Password Membership, I recommend giving 1Password X a try :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

so 1pX is independent of 1p. Only reason to use 1P would be to enter or update my records, correct? It is updated separately, correct? Does it work with Safari?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51:

You can enter and update records even in 1Password X if you prefer. 1Password X is currently not available in Safari, but it is available for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Brave, if you want to give that a try :+1:

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Please forgive my denseness, aside from the browser issue, why would keep using 1Password instead of 1px?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51:

All the advanced features are available in the desktop apps, while 1Password X is a browser extension. While it can do a lot of things, it cannot do everything that a full desktop app can do.

It's also a matter of preference: some people prefer the desktop app, while others prefer only installing 1Password X without having to install anything else. I recommend you give a try to both options and see for yourself which one you like the most ;)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Can they be used together?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51:

Certainly yes, if you prefer :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks for your patience and answers. I've installed X on my 2 computers (I have macs running parallels) and it looks good.

Now only if there was a version for safari.

• Thanks for the feedback about having it available on Safari @rlgleason51! :+1:

If there's anything else we can help with, just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.