Suggested password parameters

wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member

Is somehow possible to change the parameters of the suggested NEW password in 1PassX when I'm filling the password field in a web page? I do not see a way to set a password suggestion for X chars, with Y digits and Z symbols, nor a way to have a passphrase of T words separated by a comma, for example.

X, Y, Z, T are random digits to express an amount.

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-0 (70600000)
Extension Version: 1.20.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wizard86pz!

Unfortunately, customising the way the suggested passwords are generated isn't possible at the moment. We've picked something that we think works well for most people, but I understand that it might not be right for you.

We do have the password generator, in 1Password X's popup, which you might already be aware of. This can be quickly accessed using the 1Password icon in your browser, followed by Command+G/Control+G. There's much more control available here.

I've made a note of your feedback so we can look at possibly providing more flexibility here.

ref: dev/core/core#352

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Hi @oliverdunk,
    thanks for the quick feedback. There is no problem in those suggested passwords, I was looking for that in case of special conditions necessary for the service, to create password. I know right how much customisable is the password generator in the desktop app, I love it.

I didn't know about the 1Password X's popup and this already helps me in those cases I need a well defined password, thanks a lot.

• Hi @wizard86pz,

I think we were on the same page. You'd like to change how we generate passwords to fill a "new password" field? There is no flexibility here at the moment but I definitely appreciate the feedback.

We'd also love to look at the requirements of particular sites, but this also isn't something we do at the moment.

Of course, if I'm still misunderstanding, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.