Unlock vault with Windows Hello

Options

Hello!

I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before (I have read the threads, but it's difficult to understand what's actually going on).

Are there any plans to implement Windows Hello into 1Password X?

I understand the desktop app and its companion extension do support Windows Hello, but using them is a pretty painful experience. From a user's point-of-view, it clearly seems that 1Password X is the future, at least on Windows. I mean, the companion extension can't even autofill.

It might sound like a pretty trivial request (and probably a huge one to implement code-wise), but being able to more efficiently unlock my vault would be hugely amazing. As it stands, I either have to either re-enter my Master Password every X minutes, or leave my vault unlocked permanently. Biometrics would relieve this 'too secure or insecure' choice by making the former easy to live with.

Even just being able to set a device-specific PIN would speed things up considerably. Alternatively, the ability to leave your vault unlocked except for some items (as discussed here) would be excellent.

Thanks so much for what you do!

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.20.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mischief! Welcome to the forum!

We have recently implemented desktop app integration in 1Password for Mac, so you can unlock 1Password X using Touch ID, so it would be great if we could do the same thing with Windows Hello and 1Password X. But we don't have any details to share about this yet I am afraid.

• dunni
    dunni
    Community Member
    Options

Just in case you collect votes, i would appreciate seeing this as well.
    I have bought a Surface X, and now have to use 1Password X, because Edge runs as ARM64, while 1Password Windows runs as x86, and they can't talk to each other. So it would simplify my usage of 1Password X tremendously, if Windows Hello would be supported.

• Ben
    Options

@dunni

We try to avoid referring to it as 'voting', as that can give the wrong impression, but customer feedback is certainly one of the core factors in our decision making process as far as where we spend our time. So it is always good to hear what it is that customers are looking for, and in particular, why. It can be very helpful to understand the reason for wanting something. I appreciate your comments about your struggles with ARM64 vs x86. Thanks for letting us know!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.