To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cant remember my master password but cant figure out how to start another vault/account

cosmo
cosmo
Community Member

I recently recieved a phishing email which downloaded malware onto my computer, i then reset my password on the same computer, i then realised i should probably have reset it on a different computer. so i reset it again. But then it wouldnt let me log back in, i must have somehow not written my new password down correctly. so i am now logged out. I had touch id on one computer so was able to copy some of the crucial information off, i then tried to delete all of the data and start again. But i cant figure out how to start another account as various things i have tried like creating a new vault still require my old master password ( i did set up a new vault but i couldnt import information as it seemed to be like a demo version and when it said login to connect it to my account it asked for my old master password which i cant remember). I saw on one forum response that the best thing to do is to delete the app and re download it. but when i try this it doesn't let me it just says The item cant be moved to the trash as it is open despite having quit the app and deleted it from the safari extension as well.

So how can i start again basically with a new master password, and repload my information to it, while keeping my account and my subscription.

thanks
c

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1 password

Comments

• cosmo
    cosmo
    Community Member

i just managed to succesfully uninstall and redownload it, just trying to log back in.
    but there just doesnt seem to be a way to start a new vault with a new master password without setting up a whole new account and paying again.
    i am pretty sure that i had my stuff synced through 1 password. But if i click there it finds my account but just asks for the master password. which i cant seem to remember.
    so how can i start again without having to start a whole new account and pay twice. ie keep my memebership but start a new vault/account.
    thanks
    c

• cosmo
    cosmo
    Community Member

I also just tried setting up a new account just to see what would happen, but it said an account with this email address already exists. so i cant just set up a new one either..
    i am stumped.
    c

• Hey Cosmo,

My name is Joshua and I would most certainly be happy to help out. I see that you have gotten in contact with us through 1Password Support and I would be glad to continue helping you out there. Please be on the lookout for an email from me! 😃

This discussion has been closed.