Extract TOTP from Authy (to transfer to 1Password)

syamos
syamos
Community Member
edited May 2020 in Mac

My workplace provides us with 1Password license and I'd like to move my TOTP tokens from Authy to 1Password.

I found a few articles/gists on how to achieve this (and Authy support also pointed me to such), but they all depend on the Authy Chrome extension, which is deprecated by now: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authy/gaedmjdfmmahhbjefcbgaolhhanlaolb?hl=en

Is anyone aware of a way to achieve that which does NOT depend on the Chrome extension?

I'm using macOS and Android, and am comfortable with CLI tools.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Extract TOTP from Authy

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @syamos! Welcome to the forum!

If Authy support suggested that method, I would follow their instructions. After all, they are the Authy experts :)

Have you tried the browser extension they recommended already, even if it's deprecated?

• syamos
    syamos
    Community Member

I see now that I could install the App (not the extension). I'll try to follow the gist provided by Authy later.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @syamos! Let us know how it goes :+1:

• syamos
    syamos
    Community Member

I could only install the Authy App, not the Authy extension. The instructions required specifically the extension. Looks like I'm out of luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@syamos:

Ah, sorry to hear that! I would suggest reaching out to them with the results of your tests, perhaps they will be able to recommend a workaround that does not require using the extension.

• syamos
    syamos
    Community Member

Nah it sounded very much like they really couldn't care less in helping me. At worst I'll just reset the secret and take better care in backing it up. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @syamos. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.