I am unable to export my 1Password 7 passwords, using File>Export...

Options
pastover
pastover
Community Member

I'm following the instructions on the agilebits website. While I'm logged in to my account using 1Password 7, I select File>Export>All Items, and I'm shown a pop-up asking me to re-enter my master password. I enter the password, click "Continue", the pop-up disappears, and nothing else happens. If I enter an incorrect password the entry field rejects it and remains, so I know the app is accepting my correct password input.

Why is this happening? Please reply with a solution. Thank you.

[in case it's relevant, recently I have been unable to use the 1Password Safari or Firefox extensions. In Safari the icon is in the toolbar, but nothing happens when clicked. In Firefox, the icon is in the toolbar and doesn't do anything - it also pulses between grayed-out and not-grayed-out]

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:export not working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pastover! Welcome to the forum!

After entering your Master Password, you should see a new window appear, as in this screenshot:

Is this not appearing for you?

Also, can you please also update your 1Password app to version 7.5 and see if that helps?

• pastover
    pastover
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - that dialog was not appearing, but I've restarted my computer and now the 1Password version is showing 7.5 (is it auto-updating? I couldn't find any menu that had an 'Update' link). Since the restart, and with version 7.5, the dialog IS appearing, and my browser extensions are ALSO working. Yay!

• pastover
    pastover
    Community Member
    Options

Except now I have another question/issue - I selected ".1pif" format in the export dialog, but am getting a file with an extension of ".xpi", which I can't use. Any ideas? (the ".csv" export works as advertised)...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pastover:

Hi - that dialog was not appearing, but I've restarted my computer and now the 1Password version is showing 7.5 (is it auto-updating? I couldn't find any menu that had an 'Update' link).

If you installed the 1Password app from the Mac App Store, updates are handled in the Mac App Store app directly, so this is normal :)

Except now I have another question/issue - I selected ".1pif" format in the export dialog, but am getting a file with an extension of ".xpi", which I can't use. Any ideas? (the ".csv" export works as advertised)...

I have just tested this here and 1Password exported a .1pif file for me. Do you see the same behavior if you try to export your data once again?

• pastover
    pastover
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - that dialog was not appearing, but I've restarted my computer and now the 1Password version is showing 7.5 (is it auto-updating? I couldn't find any menu that had an 'Update' link). Since the restart, and with version 7.5, the dialog IS appearing, and my browser extensions are ALSO working. Yay!

• pastover
    pastover
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - all ok now... sorry I think I was mixing up my download locations! Thanks, and have a great day...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @pastover! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.