Do I need both of these extensions?

Options
RCMjr
RCMjr
Community Member

I saw today that I have two 1PW Chrome extensions on my Macbook Air. Do I need them both? Which one should I keep?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RCMjr!

You don't need both, you can keep the one you prefer :) 1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

The companion browser extension is our older browser extension, the one that required the 1Password app to be installed. Because 1Password X is an exclusive for 1Password subscribers, you would use the older companion browser extension if you don't have a 1Password account, for example.

But ultimately, it is up to you which one you choose: if you have a 1Password Membership, I recommend giving 1Password X a try :)

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @RCMjr! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana We've traded a few posts recently about Chrome extensions but I'm still confused. I deleted the extension you suggested and I only have the 1 Password X extension turned on now, but when I hit shift+cmd-x to have 1PW fill in my info, I get this:

I love 1PW, but I find it so difficult to use sometimes. I'm sure it's me, but that's all I've got to work with. ;)

Please help, and remember that you're dealing with . . . well, I'll be nice since I'm talking about myself.

• Ben
    Options

@RCMjr

Could you please check in 1Password for Mac and see if you have a vault called 'Primary'? Please let us know.

Ben

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RCMjr:

Thank you for confirming that you don't have a Primary vault in your app. So that is certainly not what is happening here.

If you go inside the 1Password for Mac app and look for your Verizon login, can you check what the value of the website field inside it is? In order for 1Password X to show your logins on a form, one of the first things to check is if the website inside the 1Password login item matches the URL of the website you are visiting in the browser.

• RCMjr
    RCMjr
    Community Member
    Options

I had two accounts and I've since deleted one.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @RCMjr! Are things working on that website now?

This discussion has been closed.