Odd behavior with 1PW on my new Windows 10 desktop...

When I first got 1Password for Mac, it worked great in autosignon for my websites. I was using it for my Apple MBA, iPad and iPhone. When it was available for Windows 10, I used it there as well (MS Surface 4 and a new “gamer” Desk computer with Windows10).

The new Windows desktop which I just purchased was loaded with 1Password, but with less than ideal results. 1PW does work on it, but it’s tied to my Windows 10 browser (Edge) and when I load it, it comes up as a window in Edge rather than with all my other device, as 1PW which comes up in it’s own window. I’m probably not explaining this well, but if I wanted to say access my US Bank, I have to load 1PW (which then comes up in a window in Edge) without automattically signing in to US Bank. I then have to open another window in Edge with US Bank. Then I have to go back to the 1PW window, copy my user info, go back to the US Bank window and paste my user name in. Then I have to go back to 1PW, copy my password and then back to US Bank to paste my PW in. From there on, I’m in business.

I have a yearly subscription to 1PW. I’m wondering if I deleted 1PW and then reinstalled it, if that would fix the problem. I’m also wondering if I deleted 1PW for all my devices and reinstalled the program in a different 1PW account, would this correct the problem?

Today I did a test and edited one of my 1PW accounts from my new Windows 10 desktop and it instantly synced with all my other devises. If I did do the complete wipeoout on my devices, would I lose all my user name/passwords that are in 1PW.

I just want 1PW to work again the way it use to work.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Starflyr!

Would you be able to send us a short video of the process you are following exactly? In the meantime, I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling will help, because I think the issue is somewhere else, so you can skip that for now.

This discussion has been closed.