I lost my Secret Key.

BahuangShanren
BahuangShanren
Community Member

I lost the PDF file containing the secret key, but I have the master password and Microsoft authenticator, and the mailbox associated with the 1Password account can be used. Could you help me find the secret key? I'm really in a hurry. thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Secret Key

Comments

• BahuangShanren
    BahuangShanren
    Community Member

I'm really in a hurry. I've emailed you several times, but you didn't reply to me.

• BahuangShanren
    BahuangShanren
    Community Member

I lost the PDF file containing the secret key, but I have the master password and Microsoft authenticator, and the mailbox associated with the 1Password account can be used.
    Could you help me find the secret key? I'm really in a hurry. I've emailed you several times, but you didn't reply to me.

• BahuangShanren
    BahuangShanren
    Community Member

I lost the PDF file containing the secret key, but I have the master password and Microsoft authenticator, and the mailbox associated with the 1Password account can be used.
    Could you help me find the secret key?
    ** I've emailed you several times, but you didn't reply to me.**
    All my passwords are in 1Password. I'm in a hurry now.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Are you wanting to use 1PW on a different computer from the one you normally use? Or have you suffered a hard disk failure?

In normal use on a working computer, you don't need to know the secret key, it is stored in some hidden place on the machine.

Anyway (at least on a Mac, I don't know about Windows or phones) if you go to the Accounts section of Preferences, you can find the secret key. There's probably a similar place to find it on any machine.

And, by the way, emailing more than once slows down the response from AgileBits staff, as emails are answered from oldest to newest. And they can be a bit slow in answering, certainly not immediate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BahuangShanren! Welcome to the forum!

Indeed, as danco wrote, there are already several places where you can find your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I have also managed to find all the emails you sent to us. Please do not send more duplicate emails, or it just slows down our support efforts for you and for everyone else. We reply to emails in the order we receive them, so if you keep emailing you are just going to put yourself to the end of the support queue. Please be patient and we will get back to you too (although please keep in mind it's a Sunday, so response times might be slower than during the week).

So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RYG-62916-216

This discussion has been closed.