Using 1Password Subscription Completely Offline

Options
danr
danr
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Mac

I've been a standalone user since 1Password 3 and have been considering upgrading to 1Password 7 from 6 to take advantage of the changes regarding Touch ID.

I am considering a subscription, however, I do not want to use the cloud-based features that the subscription offers (I don't want my vault leaving my device -- ever). I would only be doing subscription to ensure that I continue remaining on the most up-to-date version and it remains compatible with Mac OS versions in the future.

So, my question is, is it possible to have an offline-only vault and continue to use Wi-Fi Sync to manage my data between devices? To be clear, the devices will still be internet connected, but I just don't want the vault syncing anywhere not under my control.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danr!

So, my question is, is it possible to have an offline-only vault and continue to use Wi-Fi Sync to manage my data between devices?

Yes, this is possible :)

• danr
    danr
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, that was incredibly fast -- thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @danr! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

As long as you are happy with wi-fi sync, that will be fine.

But because wi-fi sync depends so much on the individual setup, AgileBits will probably not be able to help if you have problems.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is true. We have a troubleshooting article with some common suggestions, but outside of those we don't have the possibility to troubleshoot in depth since sync happens locally.

This discussion has been closed.