Could someone please ELI5 how to export *all* my data?

Options
OptiqueMarquis
OptiqueMarquis
Community Member
edited June 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

hi!

i am trying to export all of my vault data into a .json or .csv file but i cannot seem to find a straight answer on how to do it..

google says "navigate to 'file' and 'export'" but there is no such thing as 'file' on my windows app.

there is the equivalent 1Password menu but the only option i get there is to import. there is no export option.

1password support database only explains how to do this for 1password 7 and 1password 4 and it seems this solution is for individual items anyway. https://support.1password.com/export/

its the first time i need to start a topic to ask how to export from a password manager so i'm feeling rather stupid about it but in all honesty i've searched. just can't find it.

thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OptiqueMarquis! Welcome to the forum!

google says "navigate to 'file' and 'export'" but there is no such thing as 'file' on my windows app.

It sounds like you are trying to follow the instructions to export data from the Mac app. If you are using 1Password for Windows, you should use the Windows instructions instead, which you can find here.

1password support database only explains how to do this for 1password 7 and 1password 4 and it seems this solution is for individual items anyway. https://support.1password.com/export/

Indeed, 1Password 7 and 1Password 4 are the Windows versions of the 1Password app. Are you looking for something different? Also, I am quoting from that support article:

Select the items you want to export. Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list.

This allows you to export all of the items at the same time.

• OptiqueMarquis
    OptiqueMarquis
    Community Member
    Options

thank you for the reply.

just realised i was on 1password 7 got confused with the whole 1password 'x' concept.

in any case i was hoping for a more automated solution but i see now i need to select all the entries first and then right-click export them.

cheers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OptiqueMarquis:

That's correct, you first select all the items you want to export :+1:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.