AWS console account id being replaced with one-time password

Options

Comments

• yellowbkpk
    yellowbkpk
    Community Member
    Options

My AWS console login looks like this:

When I autofill with 1password X, it replaces the account ID above with my OTP number:

(I have LastPass installed, but it's not logged in when I use 1Password)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yellowbkpk – Thanks so much. I'm not getting the same results on my end. Can you try recreating the Login item? Here's how:

1. On the page in your screenshot, copy and paste your account ID, username, and password into the proper fields.
    2. Click the Save in 1Password option underneath the password field.
    3. I'd suggest adding the word "new" to the title so you can distinguish it from your existing item. Click Save.

You'll need to sign into your account to grab your QR code to set up TOTP for the new item. Once TOTP has been added, try filling with the new Login and let me know if you see any different results.

• robpark
    robpark
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me as well... and I have several AWS logins stored w/ MFA tokens, so hoping I won't have to recreate all of them :(
    I also know a colleague of mine ran into this problem Friday trying to setup another associate of his with this scheme.
    Happy to share any other details if it'd be helpful.
    Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robpark:

What version of 1Password X are you currently using, and in which browser?

• robpark
    robpark
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    1Password Store

Chrome, Safari, Firefox all behave the same.

• bkocik
    bkocik
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everybody - just adding a data point here. This is also happening to me, and the workaround given in this thread has fixed it (I realize that's not a great option for everyone, just adding that it worked).

macOS 10.15.3
    1Password 7.4.3 (70403002)
    Safari 13.0.5 (15608.5.11), native (non-X, non-beta) extension installed with 1Password app
    Chrome 80.0.3987.163, "1Password extension (desktop app required)" 4.7.5.90

Hope that aids in diagnosis.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robpark:

Thank you for the confirmation. That is the version of the desktop app, but what about the version of 1Password X, the browser extension installed inside your browser?

• robpark
    robpark
    Community Member
    Options

1.18.0 for Chrome .. same result as this post.
    Found that I had Firefox updates off, so fixed that and installed 1PX there... that works for Firefox :)
    Safari doesn't appear to have 1PX, just the 1P Extension (7.4.4) but it doesn't seem to be working at all now :(

• robpark
    robpark
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163 now ... 1P Extension disabled ... 1PX 1.18.0 ... still has the issue.
    Safari (Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8)) is back to working with 1P Extension, but not for the AWS console still.
    ... after restarting my mac.

• henry_csft
    henry_csft
    Community Member
    Options

This issue is quite annoying for months.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robpark – Thanks for confirming that for us! I'm glad that 1Password X in Firefox is working for you. As a workaround, you can add a custom field with the label of account and a value of [your account number].

While the fix was pushed with 1Password X 1.18.1, that build is currently in review by the Chrome Web Store. If you're wanting a fix right away, you can install the 1Password X beta in Chrome.

For Safari, that extension is powered by the 1Password for Mac application, which hasn't received the fix yet. However, the workaround I mentioned above should do the trick in the meantime.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the trouble, @henry_csft. I'd suggest checking out the workaround I mentioned in my last comment. That should help you out for now. If you have many AWS Logins and the workaround isn't feasible, you're welcome to give 1Password X a try. It's available for Chrome, Firefox, and Chromium-based browsers.

• robpark
    robpark
    Community Member
    Options

That workaround didn't work for me in Chrome, but mostly just happy to hear there's a fix on the way.
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome @robpark :)

• sagikazarmark
    sagikazarmark
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is a 1PasswordX topic, but I have the same issue with the desktop app + Firefox extension (forum search brought up this as the only even remotely connected forum post).

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)

Latest extension

Tried all the tips (the field name was already "account", deleting the entry did not help).

Any chance this will be fixed in the desktop app(+extension)?

• bilboa
    bilboa
    Community Member
    Options

Any word on when this fix will be pushed to the macOS App Store?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sagikazarmark & @bilboa – I don't have any updates to share, and the 1Password for Mac team (or any team) doesn't share their release schedule. If you're interested in grabbing 1Password X for Firefox (where the AWS issue is resolved already), you can install it here.

For the workaround in the meantime, you'll want to edit the item, then insert account as a label and [your account number] into where you see "new field." Here's what I mean:

Before

After

Let me know if you have any trouble after that!

• evanB
    evanB
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn I've also been experiencing this issue. Adding an account field as you've described fixed it! Originally I attempted to add the account field to the saved form details, but it was not effective.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@evanB – Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad my screenshots helped clear that up! That workaround should do the trick in the meantime, but we'll be working on fixing the issue in the 1Password desktop apps as well. :)

• henry_csft
    henry_csft
    Community Member
    Options

None of the workarounds worked with 1.18.0, but it just updated 1.18.1 and now is resolved for 1PasswordX.

• flyinprogrammer
    flyinprogrammer
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Here to confirm that this issue seems to be fixed in the 1.18.1 release, this is awesome!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

@henry_csft and @flyinprogrammer – Yes!! 1Password X 1.18.1 was published in Chrome yesterday I believe. That build included the fix to the AWS issue. I'm so glad the fix made it to you folks now. ❤️

• jxn
    jxn
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on fixing this in Safari?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jxn – I don't have an update on when the fix is coming to 1Password for Mac. However, the workaround I mentioned in this comment should help you out for now. ❤️

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Please provide an update for a fix for this. It is a constant, daily struggle for my team and myself. Having a workaround is good, but we have so many AWS accounts and separate logins for those accounts it's not practical for us to hand edit them all to include a dummy field to correct this issue.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the bump, @wagnerone! The filling algorithm was recently updated in the 1Password for Mac beta. I don't have a timeline for when it'll be released to the stable version, but you're welcome to use the 1Password for Mac beta or 1Password X for the time being.

• kkk
    kkk
    Community Member
    Options

This workaround: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/554939/#Comment_554939 indeed works, but months later on Mac Chrome and 1pass extension 4.7.5.90 this is still an issue :(

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

The latest macOS client beta has fixed this issue! I confirmed it by logging into like 10 AWS accounts. It was glorious.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wagnerone:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this :)

• gator2003
    gator2003
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 4.7.5.90 of the extension (not 1PX) and it's still an issue.

This discussion has been closed.