Magic Keyboard Password Autofill

lewpiper
lewpiper
Community Member

I recently purchased the new Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro from Apple, and it has left me perplexed with one thing, autofill. On my iPhone when I visit a website with a login password that is saved in 1Password it gives me the option to use Face ID to unlock and fill my password above the software keyboard. When I used to use the Smart Keyboard it would always pop up at the bottom of the screen. However, the same does not seem to be the case when the newer keyboard is on the iPad Pro in iPadOS.

I am familiar on the Mac with command+\ and I use that all the time, but that does nothing either it seems. Is this a limitation of the Magic Keyboard at this time, or have I just not learned the insider knowledge just yet? I certainly hope I just haven't figured it out yet. 🤞🏻

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• Hi @lewpiper

I just spoke with one of my colleagues who has the Magic Keyboard. They suggested checking the Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts setting to be sure that is enabled. This would be in the iOS Settings app, not 1Password. Please let us know if that is turned on. :)

Ben

• lewpiper
    lewpiper
    Community Member

Awesome that’s exactly what it was! Thanks so much I would have never found that setting or known it was that.

• Glad to hear that did the trick @lewpiper. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• jdouris
    jdouris
    Community Member

I also have a Magic Keyboard with the iPad. Will the Command+\ shortcut be enabled at any point? The shortcut system with iPads tends to overlap the screen and cover up text, so I’d rather keep it turned off if possible.

• @jdouris

There isn't any system on iOS at this point that would allow us to do the same thing with Command+\ that we do on Mac. That could potentially change at some point in the future, but would need to come in the form of an iOS update. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.