7.6.BETA-2 crash on login

Duane Williams
Duane Williams
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I was using the latest beta with no problems, until today. I don't know what happened, but it now crashes the instant I enter my password. I downloaded version 7.5 and it works.

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6 Beta
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:7.6.BETA-2 crash

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Duane Williams!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Does it still crash for you?

• Duane Williams
    Duane Williams
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Thanks, @ag_ana. I tried that. Still crashes.

• Duane Williams
    Duane Williams
    Community Member

The problem persists with 7.6.BETA-3.

• Hi @Duane Williams

I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to see this problem. Our development team would like to take a deeper dive on this. To facilitate that I'd like to ask you to re-create the issue, and then create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113956/7-6-beta-2-crash-on-login#latest
    • Your forum username: Duane Williams

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Duane Williams
    Duane Williams
    Community Member

[#SPW-51394-752]

• Duane Williams
    Duane Williams
    Community Member

I think I have resolved the problem. I installed macOS 10.15.5 using Internet Recovery, rather than the recovery partition on my Mac Mini, and that fixed several problems, including the problem with 1Password crashing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Duane Williams! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.