Web sites not being identified

ddaudelin
ddaudelin
Community Member

When I go to a web site that needs username and password, I click on the 1password extension icon in the browser toolbar to open the app. But at the top of the page, it says, "Search Primary". I recall that it used to just figure out which web page I was on and present me with the suggested web site. Why is it no longer doing this?

I think that this change happened after I upgraded to version 7.5. I have a new Mac with the latest O/S and upgrades.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this...

Dennis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ddaudelin
    ddaudelin
    Community Member

Okay, I've solved the problem. When I open the 1password extension, in the top bar to the far right is a "gear". When I click on it, it opens a drop down box. The drop down box has multiple options and I selected "Preferences". When the Preferences box opened, it was on the "mini" tab. The top option here is "Open 1Password to:". It has 3 possible selections: Suggestions, Favorites, All Items. Mine was set to All items. I reset it to Suggestions and now it works the way that I'm accustomed. I'm thinking that upgrades should not change your preferences.

• Hi @ddaudelin

Thanks for the update. We did not change this preference. It must've gotten bumped somewhere along the way. Sorry about that. Glad to hear it is sorted now. :+1:

Ben

• ddaudelin
    ddaudelin
    Community Member

Okay, good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on how I do upgrades next time. Don't want to chase settings from doing something dumb! Thanks!

• No problem. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.