Stop 1 Password from adding an entension

FdSC
FdSC
Community Member

Hello,

I am having an issue with 1Password (version 4.6.2.626) adding an extension to the URL of a Login Entry in Chrome.

For example, in creating a Login Entry, I am adding the site as https://www.domainname.it

When I click the URL link in 1Password, 1Password is using the URL

https://www.domainname.it/?onepasswdfill=B622C821F55844079CC2CFF2D0D72212

This is causing issues with certain sites. Is there a way to disable the feature or stop 1Password from modifying the URL entry?

Many thanks,

FdSC

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FdSC,

Thank you for reaching out!

First of all, it seems that you use an old version of 1Password 4 for Windows, so I moved this discussion to its category. I hope you don't mind. :)

I believe that these parameters onepasswdfill and onepasswdvault are no longer added to your URLs in the latest version of 1Password 7 for Windows, but 1Password 4 for Windows is outdated and it will not receive any updates.

The way open-and-fill worked for some time was 1Password would pass the URL to open to the operating system and the operating system would then pass it onto the default browser. We needed a way for the extension to know this came from 1Password so we add the two parameters to the query string (part of the URL). When the extension sees these it strips them off and uses them to kick start the fill action once the page has loaded.

As a workaround you can visit the website first in your browser and then press CTRL + \ to fill your credentials there. This way you will avoid this behaviour from 1Password 4. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

I would, however, recommend you to upgrade to 1Password 7. If you have any questions, we are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• FdSC
    FdSC
    Community Member

Many thanks, Greg. Yes, I had held off on upgrading as I wanted to have a stand-alone version that shared the data file, stored on Dropbox, with my iPhone app as opposed to a subscription. I see that the option is now available on 1Password 7.

Best regards,

• You can use a standalone vault in 1Password 7, @FdSC, so if that's all you were waiting on, now is definitely the time. :chuffed: Also, I can confirm Greg's original suspicion that the parameters are no longer added in 1Password 7. We've swapped to using the browser extension directly to fill when performing a go & fill so those bits are no longer needed. In addition, you can skip filling entirely from the main app, if you'd like, by holding Shift when you click the URL in your Login item. :+1:

• FdSC
    FdSC
    Community Member

Perfect. Many thanks, @bundtkate

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.