Filling dropdown values not working (anymore)

Recently, filling in (selecting correct) dropdown ( html element) values stopped working.

It is a login screen of https://www.adminer.org/ database administration tool, and item form item is auth[driver] with correct value (present in the actual form), "pgsql".

Filling was working recently, but I cannot say in which version it broke.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @finwe ,
    Can you provide me with a direct URL to the login page in which you're seeing this issue? I'd like to test it here.

Also, did you happen to try saving a new login item manually and see if that new login item works properly? https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Hi, Yaron,

you can try filling here https://demo.adminer.org/adminer.php

Manually created login does not fill either. The dropdown item is saved correctly in the item.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @finwe ,
    Thanks for the demo page, I tested and confirmed that the dropdown no longer works after the latest update of 1Password for Windows, which was quite a huge one. I'll forward it to our devs so they can check it out and regress the autofilling change if necessary, so please keep that page alive.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Hi, any updates on a fix for this?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @finwe ,
    Nothing new to report yet unfortunately. Thanks for checking in though! I added a comment in the bug report, hopefully it will help advance things.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Hi, any update? Does it seriously take two months to fix a bug?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @finwe ,
    No updates yet, thanks for checking in.

Our developers have a queue of tasks for new features and bug fixes, and are working according to that queue which is determined by the number of users affected. I do apologize for the long waiting time and hope that they'll be able to address this issue soon.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Hi, any update? It is quite annoying to have to deal with something that used to work and now it just doesn't.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @finwe ,
    Nothing yet, unfortunately.

I've pinged the developers once more. I really appreciate you checking in every month or so!
    Hopefully they'll get around to it this time.

I do apologize for the long waiting time, it's been quite busy in the backend here :chuffed:
    Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with in the meantime, and do keep checking in as necessary.

• Hi, any update? It is quite annoying to have to deal with something that used to work and now it just doesn't.

@finwe apologies for the wait on this one!

I fixed this today so that the dropdown will fill properly again as expected. Keep an eye out for the fix in an upcoming release :smile:

There's also a test case for this site specifically now so this shouldn't become a problem again in the future.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Can't wait. Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad this was fixed for you @finwe .
    Make sure to use 1Password X Beta so you can enjoy this fix as soon as it is pushed out, the Beta is where it will be released first :)

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

I am using the beta channel, but not X, just 7.4. I hope the fix will be made/ported to 7 as well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

It will, a bit later on but it will. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for it. 1Password for Windows updates autofilling fixes once every few months or so.
    Feel free to check in again if you've been waiting too long and I'll see where its at.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Sure, thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome :)

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

No change yet in 7.6.776

• Thanks for your patience, @finwe. I've inquired with the Windows team as to whether this specific Brain fix made it into that beta.

• Hey @finwe, sorry for not following up sooner. The cutoff for the Brain update in the latest Windows release was just before this fix, so we should see it the next time the Brain is updated in the Windows app.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Still nothing in .778

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@finwe:

Thank you for the update! Let me follow up with the developers. If you don't see the change yet, it's possible that the lates brain update has not made it to the Windows app yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@finwe:

I have heard back from the Windows team, and they confirmed what you found: as you can see from the release notes, the brain update was not included in this latest beta yet, but it will be in a future update.

We can try to set a reminder to notify you here when that is done, or you can keep checking the release notes. You are also free to keep updating this thread regularly if you prefer of course ;)

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Any update? It's been another 2,5 months

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Have I pushed it enough? After tonights update, the dropdown filling works. Thanks.

• @finwe oh awesome! I had actually noticed the changelog for the Windows update internally today and I had it on my list to test it out and see if it fixed things here. I'm super glad to hear that it did! :smile:

I do apologize for the wait time on this. Excuses obviously aren't acceptable, but this particular fix hit a number of bumps along its journey to make it into a 1Password for Windows release which resulted in the delay. I'm confident that we're going to be able to do better in the future.

Thanks for sticking it out and please don't hesitate to report any further issues :)

This discussion has been closed.