Unable to open the preferences in Windows 7 (Chinese) [Resolved in 1.0.9.254]

Once click the button, can not show the preference pane for settings.
  • 1Password for Windows is the latest version.
  • Windows is x64 version.

Please help!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, gaoyuan. Thanks for reporting this!

We are getting a couple reports of this but are thus far unable to reproduce it. Can you provide any additional information that might help us track down the problem? It seems silly to ask, but does the issue persist after restarting Windows?
  • Forrest Xu
    Forrest Xu
    Community Member
    Same issue here.

Windows 7 X64 SP1, with latest update (as time of writing)
    1Password 1.0.9.250
    Chrome Dev 17.0.963.12
    Firefox 9.0
    Safari 5.1.2

As I remember before installing extension for any of browsers, 1Password Windows client is just installed, and Preferences can be open smoothly, it is the version prior 1.0.9.250 (maybe 249?) After extensions installed for Chrome and Safari, by clicking on Preferences or Ctrl+P makes client "Not responding". If waiting long enough, client back to responding but with nothing opened.

I tried Help -> Restart 1Password Helper doesn't help, neither does rebooting Windows.

Hope above information helpful, feel free to let me know if any of logging can be useful, like Help -> Diagnostics Report.

Forrest,
    Thanks
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Forrest,

Can you contact me off-list, please?

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!
  • khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, gaoyuan. Thanks for reporting this!

We are getting a couple reports of this but are thus far unable to reproduce it. Can you provide any additional information that might help us track down the problem? It seems silly to ask, but does the issue persist after restarting Windows?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    Actually yesterday in China, there happend a very silly thing - A very famous community for tech guys called CSDN, has leaked 600 Millions user accounts to public, they stored our password non-encrypted, unfortunately, I was one of the victim. I think those stupid person store users' password for their unpresentable reason.

So I purchased you holiday bundle also the iPhone App. I am running it on all platform well, this issue only occurs on my windows 7 64bit office desktop:

Once you click the preference button, the software go into death, only killing the process and restart would rescue it, but still can not open the preference anyway.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Can someone having this problem please downgrade to version 1.0.9.249 and confirm the problem has been introduced with 1.0.9.250?

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes#v249

Thanks!

--Stefan.
  • Forrest Xu
    Forrest Xu
    Community Member

Can someone having this problem please downgrade to version 1.0.9.249 and confirm the problem has been introduced with 1.0.9.250?

https://agilebits.co...ease_notes#v249

Thanks!

--Stefan.

Stefan,
    Tried with 249 and 251 both, problem remains.
    Also give 251 a fresh install on a VM (32-bit Windows 7), never seen such issue.
    Dropped your a mail..
  • gaoyuan
    edited December 2011
    I think this is a compatibility issue related with x64 windows 7.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    gaoyuan wrote:

I think this is a compatibility issue related with x64 windows 7.

Probably not. I'm running Windows 7 x64 myself, and I'm not seeing this problem. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a problem that is specific to 64-bit.

• Probably not. I'm running Windows 7 x64 myself, and I'm not seeing this problem. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a problem that is specific to 64-bit.

So what can I do to help you figure out the problem?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    gaoyuan,

Is the problem that you can launch the 1Password program but you can't get the Preferences window to open?

What version of 1Password are you using?
  • I have this problem, too. 1Password runs well, but when I click the "Preferences" button, it has no response, and RAM increase gradually.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, leplay!

As Stefan asks above, could you try "downdating" to this earlier build (249) to help us determine when the error was introduced?

Thanks!
  • DBrown wrote:

gaoyuan,

Is the problem that you can launch the 1Password program but you can't get the Preferences window to open?

I am using #250
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    gaoyuan wrote:
    DBrown wrote:

gaoyuan,

I am using #250

...and is the problem that you can launch the 1Password program but you can't get the Preferences window to open?
  • Same problem.The problem is probably caused by the Chrome extension.Once you uninstall it,you can open "Preference" again.Hope this colud be help

I'm using Windows 7 32bit ,1password 1.0.9.251 & Chrome 16.0.912.63
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Sounds like the common denominator is people running a Chinese version of the OS. Correct?
  • silence
    edited December 2011

Sounds like the common denominator is people running a Chinese version of the OS. Correct?

looks like so......
  • Forrest Xu
    Forrest Xu
    Community Member
    Since last time managed to generate an error report, I can not reproduce the issue anymore.
    Have #252 installed which works as well.

So to all user, if you still see problem, please give #252 a try. According to Stefan, #252 will generate an error report, please head up and supply the report if you catch one.

btw, in my Windows environment, both (laptop and desktop) are English version, only with "Current language for non-Unicode programs" set to "Chinese", refer to screenshots.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Hi silence,

silence wrote:
    Same problem. The problem is probably caused by the Chrome extension. Once you uninstall it, you cannot open "Preferences" again.

Can you please zip this directory, and then send it to me?

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

Thanks!

• Hi silence,

Can you please zip this directory, and then send it to me?

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

Thanks!

uploaded here:http://ge.tt/9OKFAhB/

I have updated to #253, still have this problem.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    This problem has been fixed in 1.0.9.254. Can you please update to version 1.0.9.254 and confirm the fix? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.