1password extension will not fill in login info due to unchecked runtime exception

I am simply trying to use the autofill shortcut with the 1 password extension. The extension typically works fine, but on some pages, notably Intagram, I cannot get it to autofill my info when I use the shortcut. I looked at the backing page, and every time I try to autofill, there is an error in the console:

Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

What is the meaning of this and how can we fix it? It makes the extension extremely user hostile because it fails silently and I had to go out of my way to trace this error, and it's still extremely opaque.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

Comments

• Hi @willashley23! Thanks for reaching out. I see you're using 1Password 6.8.8 — this version is now over two years old. Do you happen to have a 1Password membership so you can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge?

This discussion has been closed.