Can't Disable Touch ID

Options
cgimber
cgimber
Community Member

I'm trying to disable Touch ID but the "Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password is disabled" check box in the Security tab is disabled. How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touch id disabled

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020
    Options

@cgimber

The screenshot seems to indicate Touch ID is disabled. Is 1Password unlocking with Touch ID? Are you trying to disable Touch ID on a system level?

If it's reported incorrectly. Try this:

I would suggest heading over to System Preferences > Touch ID: Uncheck/disable the box for Unlocking your Mac and then enable it, you will need to enter your macOS user password in the authentication prompt. Follow that with checking 1Password for proper operation.

• cgimber
    cgimber
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks for the tip! I was able to successfully enable the check box in 1Password after disabling and then enabling Touch ID on the system level. Unfortunately I still get this annoying prompt at the lock screen whenever Touch ID is enabled on both the system level and in the 1Password preferences. I have included a screenshot for reference. Is there a way to bypass this or is this required everytime I try to unlock 1Password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cgimber:

I have included a screenshot for reference. Is there a way to bypass this or is this required everytime I try to unlock 1Password?

That is the Touch ID prompt to unlock 1Password. Once that appears, you can have it disappear as soon as you put your finger on the Touch ID sensor. But you cannot remove that message altogether.

This discussion has been closed.