Forgot Password and Touch ID expired

Options
JesseG
JesseG
Community Member

I need to login because I have an important password on there I forgot so I can't erase my data is there any way possible your team can remotely unexpire my touch id. Also is there a way I can call a team member that would be a lot easier for me to sort out my problems.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Sync Type: Flash Storage ?

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

Not an Agilebits employee:

1. They do not offer phone support.
    2. Once the TouchID escrowed decryption key is deleted (as in expired) there is nothing that can be done to recover it.
  • JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

Oh I didn't know what expired meant, what I actually meant was turn off like the the weekly requirement for the pass that I didn't know about.

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

In any case, that can't be done.

To clarify, if you can't remember your master password there is no way to recover your passwords.

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

Are you sure there is no way I can reset it even with my email, and if I prove my identity. No one would steal my computer I am in the middle of nowhere

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

No. Agilebits has no access to your data. There is no backdoor or secret entry way. It does not matter if you have a local vault or a 1Password.com account. If you forgot your master password there is absolutely no way for it to be reset.

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

Ok but can i back it up because i followed the steps in the forum and it said that i could but when I pressed file i didn't see the option.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

plttn is correct: We do not have access to your 1Password data, and we cannot give you something we do not have. 1Password encrypts your data using your Master Password and your Secret Key. The only way to decrypt the data is with those two things. There is one exception to that statement, and that is with 1Password Families, 1Password Teams, and 1Password Business memberships. At those membership levels, it is possible someone else within your membership may be able to help you recover from a lost Master Password. You can read more about recovery here:

Recover accounts for family or team members

For this to be an option someone else would need to have been established as part of your membership and given recovery powers prior to you forgetting your password.

Ok but can i back it up because i followed the steps in the forum and it said that i could but when I pressed file i didn't see the option.

You can back up this folder:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

If you are using Time Machine or similar it is likely that folder is already included in your backups, but it wouldn't hurt to verify. When you're ready you can follow these instructions to start over:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still a little confused Ben, do you think I can call a team member? Because that would be very helpful.

• Ben
    Options

@JesseG

We're not set up to provide support via telephone unfortunately. What point can we help clarify?

Ben

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused how to access a backup, because when I followed the instructions in the backup page on your support site i didn't see a recover option. From what i understood from your site 1pass backs up daily right?

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

And also I know I've said it many times but there is absolutely no option to re-enable touch id right?

• rudy
    Options

@JesseG,

Unfortunately, Restoring from a backup doesn't put you into a state where your Touch ID authorization will work again. Backups are copies of the database, and the database's contents are still protected by your Master Password. The only way to turn Touch ID back on again is if you know your Master Password.

• JesseG
    JesseG
    Community Member
    Options

Ok well I deleted my account and created a new one but now I can't login on my phone or computer

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JesseG:

What happens exactly when you try to login on your phone or computer? Do you get an error message?

This discussion has been closed.