Safari extension inactive with 7.6 BETA-3

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password extensions for Firefox and Chrome repeatedly become inactive.

Comments

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

I just experienced this problem with the 1P extension for Safari (7.6 BETA-3). Then after a few minutes, the 1P Safari extension started working, and pressing the 1P icon in the system menu bar did nothing for several minutes until it started working again. On the other hand, no current problems with the 1P extension for Chrome.

Are there logs for the Safari extension as well?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @odysseus!

I have moved your post in the Mac Beta category since you are not using the 1Password X extension that we were discussing in the other thread :+1:

Are you still seeing the same behavior with the Safari extension even after it started working again for you?

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Yes, that's what I am reporting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odysseus:

Before looking at the logs, I would like you to try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Use it for a bit and let us know if this keeps happening.

Alternatively, please try a complete reboot of your device. If you still see the same behavior after the reboot, please let us know and we can take a closer look.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Why don’t you give me the instructions now so that I know how to handle this if and when it recurs

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odysseus:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odysseus:

I forgot to ask you: did the suggestion to either quit 1Password completely or reboot your device help so far? I don't believe you answered that part yet.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Yes. By the way, it would be nice if the 1Password Troubleshooting app were capable of using one's default email program instead of defaulting automatically to Apple's Mail.

ZZU-12959-926

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odysseus:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, someone will continue the conversation via email.

ref: ZZU-12959-926

This discussion has been closed.