Suggestion Software License Entries

Would love to see a more elegant way of handling multiple versions of the same software title in a single 'Software' entry. For example, I have all three versions of Adobe Lightroom each listed as separate entries. Seems that I should be able to put them all in the same entry in a neat and orderly way. Maybe the 'version' becomes a list under the license key entry instead of a part of the title/header portion of the entry.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    dwwalter wrote:
    Would love to see a more elegant way of handling multiple versions of the same software title in a single 'Software' entry. For example, I have all three versions of Adobe Lightroom each listed as separate entries. Seems that I should be able to put them all in the same entry in a neat and orderly way. Maybe the 'version' becomes a list under the license key entry instead of a part of the title/header portion of the entry.

Welcome to the forums, dwwalter!

Thank you for your suggestion. We have had similar thoughts, but even in my own cases I have needed an entirely separate entry anyway because several "things" about the license has changed at once: the key itself, version number, sometimes even the Title and Publisher (think of Knox 1.x vs Knox 2.x), etc. While we could conceivably some up with a way to combine some of these things nicely, the most flexible approach is the multiple item one that we have presently.
  • stoneap
    edited December 1969
    Can you add a Product Key field under the License Key field? I have some software that has both a license and product key associated with it. Just seem it would be better than to have to add it to the notes.
This discussion has been closed.