Bug - 1Password requesting fingerprint

netcat
netcat
Community Member

Hi! I was doing some things on my android, and this bug appears again:

So, this bug is kindly weird, because I can't authenticate my finger (it's supposed to appear a finger watermark, I already tried put my finger without it).

No matter what I do on my phone (go back, lock the screen, etc), this pop-up authentication doesn't disappear.

I have success to dismiss, only rebooting my Android.

Resuming: this bug appears in a random chance when I'm opening the 1Password app, it's funny because apparently appears two pop-ups to fingerprint authentication, I pass on the first, by authenticating (the first appears the finger watermark), but the second I can't, and occurs what I explained up.

Comments

• Hi @netcat. Can you let me know what make and model of device you're using, and what version of Android it runs?

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Hi! Here is:

Model: Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
    Android: 10 QKQ1.190825.002
    Miui: 11.0.4.0 (Global)

• Thanks, @netcat. Do you happen to see this after 1Password updates, or do you see it at other times as well?

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Yep! Has a little long time that after a 1Password update, it came like this. I was waiting if after another update, this will be fixed, but no :c

• @netcat I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113978/bug-1password-requesting-fingerprint#latest
    • Your forum username: netcat

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Hi! Sorry for the delay.

So I completely wiped my Android and changed to a iPhone, my wife is using the Android, she uses 1Password too, I’m just waiting to see if that bug happens again to submit the diagnostics

• Thanks for the update, @netcat. Please do let us know if your wife continues to have this problem.

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Hi! It's me again, and the bug appears.

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

I've send the diagnosis email too :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@netcat:

Thank you! Did you receive a ticket number via email already?

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Not yet :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@netcat:

Can you check your spam folder, just in case the email ended up there?

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

I checked, it's not there

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@netcat:

Can you confirm to what email address you sent the diagnostics report to? I will try to locate your email manually in the system, because I don't see any message coming from the email address you used here on the forum (unless you used a different email, which would explain why I am not seeing it :) ).

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Yeah, I used another email because when I click to write the email with ProtonMail app, the file doesn't come, but with Gmail works.

Email: [removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@netcat:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

I have also removed your email address from your post for your privacy: this is a public forum, so that's probably not something that you want shared publicly ;)

ref: JQZ-38936-838

• netcat
    netcat
    Community Member

Alright! Thanks! :) I will be waiting

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.