Pressing "Pin on Screen" While Using an App in "Full Screen" Forces the User Back to the Desktop

bcrowl
bcrowl
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I love 1Password and I'm happily a subscriber, and I appreciate everyone at 1Password for supporting this must-have app! Sometimes, when I "pin" a 1Password item to the screen while using Safari in Full Screen, I get thrown back to the desktop. Other times, it works great and it stays on top of Safari without moving to the desktop. I've tried to duplicate the issue, but I haven't quite figured out when it happens. If anyone else can provide similar feedback, that'd be great.

Thank you,

Brandon

1Password Version: 7.6-BETA-3
Extension Version: 7.6-BETA-0
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @bcrowl,

I think you'd see a difference when you pin from 1Password mini versus pinning from the main window.

• bcrowl
    bcrowl
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

@rudy, thank you for the input, but it occurs when I use 1Password Mini, specifically. Usually, I’ll use a keyboard shortcut to pull up Mini, and it occurs when I click the “Pin on Screen”.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bcrowl:

Can you please let us know the exact steps that you are following, so we can make sure we are on the same page? We can then test your instructions and see if we can reproduce the same behavior :)

• bcrowl
    bcrowl
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

@ag_ana,

If the main 1Password app is not open (but Mini is) while attempting to pin an item on top of a Safari window while in Full Screen, then the issue occurs, thrusting me back to the Desktop; however, if I open the main 1Password app and then swich over to Safari to pin an item (using Mini), it stays there and doesn't move me back to the Desktop.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bcrowl:

I think I might have been able to reproduce what you are describing. When you close the pinned window, are you taken back to the Safari full screen window?

• bcrowl
    bcrowl
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

@ag_ana, you're correct. If I open 1Password from the Dock, switch over to Safari (which is in Full Screen mode), pull up 1Password Mini (from either a keyboard shortcut or the extension icon), and then try to pin an item, everything works as expected and I'm not brought back to the desktop. The problem occurs when I close the main 1Password app screen, leaving only Mini open in the background, and then try to do the same thing; that's when I'm taken back to the desktop where the item is pinned, until I exit out of it and am taken back to Safari (or any other app being used in Full Screen).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020

Thank you for the confirmation @bcrowl! I will open an internal issue so we can discuss this and see if this is expected behavior, or if there is anything we can do here :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4800

This discussion has been closed.