Feature request: Contextual sorting of multiple logins based on visible username.

I use several different accounts at somedomain.com. On the first login screen at Somedomain.com it asks for the username, then on the next screen is shows that username and asks for a password. It would be great if 1Password suggested the password associated with that username.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sorting multiple logins

Comments

• Hi @Jfree! Have you taken a look at 1Password X? 1Password X has a feature that, while a bit different from what you describe, should solve the issue you're experiencing. With 1Password X, if you fill a username and then go to the next page, your password from that already-filled login should then fill on the subsequent page. Give that a go, and let me know how that works for you and what you think? :smile:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member

Yes, I use it all the time, and that's actually the too/feature is like to see it in. I have enough logins that I have to hunt a bit to find the right one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jfree:

Thank you for the confirmation! With 1Password X, things should already work as you wish, as ag_michaelc said. Did you find a website where this is not happening? Could you share the URL to that website in this case, so we can test it?

Thank you!

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member

Google.

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member

Specifically logging into services like Google Analytics, Ads, or Tag Manager.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jfree:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tried logging in to my Google account and 1Password selected the correct account for me: after choosing what Google account I wanted to login to, it filled the username field on the first page, and it then automatically filled the correct password in the second page.

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member

Here's the scenario: if you have multiple accounts and it knows about them but you aren't logged into one of them, you see a screen like this:

I click one the one that's not logged in and am taken to this screen:

At this point, it shows the email I want the password for, but the one that 1Password suggests is for another, I believe the last one I used at some other point.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jfree:

I see what section you are referring to now, thank you for the clarification! I could not reproduce the behavior you are describing however: I have added two Google accounts so I could see the same page with the list of accounts as you are seeing in your first screenshot. Then I tried logging in and out of them several times, and every time I reached the password page, 1Password X always showed the correct password as the first suggestion in the dropdown menu, based on the account I selected in the previous page.

What version of 1Password X are you currently using? For reference, I tested this with 1Password X version 1.19.2.

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member

Ohhhh....I have been using the 1Password browser plug-in, not 1Password X. I see now what you mean. I didn't realize there was a difference. (Why keep the old plugin?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jfree:

1Password X is our latest extension, which works only with 1Password accounts. The older extension must still be available especially for those using standalone vaults, but perhaps in the future we will find a way to merge them :+1:

This discussion has been closed.