iPhone giving me "check your email and secret key"

Kia_B
Kia_B
Community Member

Hi! So I have v7.5 on my MacBookPro and 7.5.2 on my iPhone and I have an up to date Family membership. When I ask iOS to sync it shows Primary "Dropbox" and last sync a second ago but my passwords don't update. Then I go to click "Accounts" and it doesn't seem that I have an existing account. When I add my email, secret key and master password I get "check your email and secret key." I know they are correct because I just tested them by logging into https://my.1password.com/.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:"check your email and secret key"

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kia_B!

When I ask iOS to sync it shows Primary "Dropbox" and last sync a second ago but my passwords don't update.

If you have a membership (which you have since you have a Secret Key), then your data is synced through 1Password.com, not Dropbox. If your data is on 1Password.com, then it is normal that your Dropbox vault is not updating.

Then I go to click "Accounts" and it doesn't seem that I have an existing account. When I add my email, secret key and master password I get "check your email and secret key."

Can you please make sure that you are using the correct sign in address in the iOS app? Is https://my.1password.com the one you are using?

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,

Re dropbox: I will look into how to sync via the new ways that are available since the last time I set up my app.

Re the accounts: yes I have triple checked that I am using the correct sign-in information. I used the QR code and I am signed in the exact same info that works for signing into the website but doesn't seem to work on the app. Why would that be?

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Re the accounts: (I realized that what I wrote earlier/above isn't using good grammar and might be confusing.) Yes, I have triple checked that the email address, secret key and the master password I am using is correct. In fact, I was able to successfully log into the website with the exact same information. In the app, I used the QR code (found on my Emergency Kit form) which auto-filled the form with the exact same email and secret key, and then I very carefully and perfectly entered the master password. However, the app is still telling me "check your email and secret key". Why would that be, especially since the email address and the secret key are auto-filled by the QR code?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020

@Kia_B:

Why would that be, especially since the email address and the secret key are auto-filled by the QR code?

When you scan your QR code, what is the sign in address that is entered in the app?

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Ahhh it seems that I was using an old emergency kit that had the wrong sign-in address on it. Using a new emergency kit I was able to get into it. Thank you!

Another question for you, can I delete the old "Primary" vault? By keeping it on my app it doubles the number of passwords I have. And it still wants to sync with Dropbox.

• I'm glad to hear an up-to-date Emergency Kit was able to help with the situation. And yes, the Primary vault should be deleted to avoid duplicates and other such issues. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.