To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I may want a business account but I don’t seem to see how to hide logins from invitees.

Baer
Baer
Community Member

I signed up for a trial business account. I want to set up a business account for a new client. I am not seeing how to separate out vaults and passwords.

1Password Version: trial
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I may want a business account but I don’t seem to see how to hide logins from invitees.

Comments

• Hi @Baer,

We'd be happy to help with that. You can learn about how to create and share vaults in this guide:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

Is there something specific that you're trying to accomplish that we can help with? Please let me know.

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Thanks, The video was very helpful. It seems like Teams is better for my client than Business. I'm just wondering if she should go with the individual account. She will be sharing info with 3 people. 1 person will have access to all. 1 will not have access to all.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Baer:

An Individual account does not allow to share information, as it can be used by only one person. So in your case, I don't think it will be enough.

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I will recommend the Teams version. If she invites 2 other people to use it, does she pay $3.99/month X 3? I am trying to understand what constitutes a "user". Thank you!

• Each person who has been invited to the membership and has created an account is a user, yes. :) $3.99 USD per user is the monthly rate when invoiced annually, so for a total of 3 people she'd pay $143.64 USD + tax (if applicable) per year.

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Thank you for your prompt response. If I want to be the manager of the account so I am the one who gets all the notification and confirmation emails, can I set it up under my email, even though I have another account? And can I transfer the account over to the client once everyone is set up?

• @Baer

Thank you for your prompt response. If I want to be the manager of the account so I am the one who gets all the notification and confirmation emails, can I set it up under my email, even though I have another account?

You can, yes. The only restriction here is you cannot have multiple individual memberships under the same email address.

And can I transfer the account over to the client once everyone is set up?

You could make the client an 'owner' on the membership, and then the client can remove your account. That would be my recommendation. I suppose you could alternatively share your Secret Key and Master Password for your account within their membership with the client, but that isn't the route I'd go.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

OK. Thanks, and when is it best to give a user access to a vault versus making them part of a group? THANKS!

• If you're only going to have a total of three users then it probably doesn't make much sense to bother with groups. Groups are generally utilized in larger organizations where it is easier to say "everyone in finance gets access to this vault," vs "Bob, Janet, Rich, Taylor, Scot, Nik, Kim, Jon, and Joe get access to this vault." :)

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

How do we enter airlines? I tried login and rewards programs. neither fill in the website with the information. Please let me know.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Baer:

Rewards programs do not have filling capabilities, so it's normal that information entered there won't get filled. If you entered information in a Login item however, things should work. What website is this happening with, and what information do you have trouble filling?

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Thanks. It was American Airlines. I went to the website, and filled in the info on aa.com. Then I was able to store it in 1PW through the browser X extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Baer:

Thank you for the confirmation. Are things working properly now, or are you still seeing issue with some specific field?

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Please let me know when customer would use "Remove for Travel". Thanks.

• @Baer

It sounds like you may've stumbled across Travel Mode, which you can read about here:

Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel

It is intended to remove your 1Password data from your devices, so you do not have it with you until you reach your destination. The idea being you wouldn't be able to turn over something (e.g. to a border guard) that you don't have.

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Thanks, I set up the account, and I want to back out and transfer ownership to the client. I see that if I am on the website I can remove myself, but it looks like I could add myself back in, and I don't want that option. If I remove myself from a vault, I can no longer see the vault on my Mac app, or iOS app, but I can see it on the safari browser window. How do I remove ownership or admin rights and viewing rights for the person who sets up 1Password??? Team membership is a bit confusing. Please advise. Thanks.

• @Baer

If you've promoted the client to owner then they can remove you from their membership:

Add and remove team members

Ben

• Baer
    Baer
    Community Member

Thanks. If I want the person who did the data entry to no longer have access to certain passwords, do I adjust their administrator status, permissions, or team member status?

• @Baer

Does the person who did the data entry need access to the membership at all anymore? If not then they should be removed entirely using the instructions in the guide I posted above: https://support.1password.com/add-remove-team-members/

If they still need to be part of the membership, but don't need access to each vault, then you should remove them from any vaults that they don't need access to: https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults-teams/#manage-access

If they don't need the ability to add / remove other people from the membership, then they shouldn't be an administrator: https://support.1password.com/groups/

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.