To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to find out if I've been hacked? [Email us: support@1password.com]

collinsm99
collinsm99
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Memberships

My master password isn't working- How do I find out if I've been hacked? I have emailed 1password and also Tweeted, as instructed by their support page. Obviously this is urgent but there isn't a phone line to call. i understand that they want to save money but having no customer service is just dangerous to the security of my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to fi

Comments

• Hi @collinsm99

Every time your account is signed into from a new device you'll receive an email from us indicating that. Did you receive any such emails recently? Does anyone other than you have access to any of the devices you've added your 1Password account on?

Ben

• collinsm99
    collinsm99
    Community Member

is my account locked then?

• @collinsm99

Just to confirm: can I assume the answers to my questions are 'no', then?
    We're unable to discuss the specifics of anyone's account here in this public forum (or via Twitter), but I can say that even if your account were 'frozen' (i.e. due to a billing issue) that would not prevent you from logging in / unlocking 1Password. So I think it is safe to say that is not the problem here.

I see you did write into our team by email, where we can discuss more specifically. We'll be in touch via email as soon as possible. Thanks.

Ben

ref: CTR-38574-524

• collinsm99
    collinsm99
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I've tweeted and emailed but only sporadic response, hav't heard from either in 6 hours at least- I just need to know how to login to 1password since it's not accepting my master password. It's worrying to know that it isn
    't 'locked' .
    Thanks,
    Maxine

• It appears my colleague Mercedes is in the process of replying to your email now. Carrying on the conversation via multiple channels only serves to duplicate efforts, which slows down the support process for all (including you). I'm going to close this thread, but Mercedes will be happy to continue assisting you via email.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.