Can't enter master password in Chrome 1P master password field

ckp
ckp
Community Member

Not sure what's going on lately with the 1P X chrome extension, but when it goes to locked state, when I click the 1P toolbar icon in my chrome browser it asks for master password as expected but it doesn't seem to let me type anything in. Or if I type a character and wait a very long time sometimes that one character press may show. I'm on MacOS 10.15.4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.2
OS Version: os x 10.15.4
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

my chrome version is 83.0.4103.106

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ckp!

Thanks for letting us know about this! When you type in your Master Password and press enter, are you able to unlock 1Password X even though you can't see that anything is typing?

This may be a long shot, but I'm also curious if you're working from an external monitor or from your computer's primary display. There's a Chromium bug that has to do with lag in extensions with popups while using an external display. In that case, it may not look like you're able to type, but typing your Master Password and pressing enter would still work as you'd expect it to. A workaround is moving the Chrome window to your primary display. That should remove the lag completely.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

Well, normally I just copy/paste the password and see the dots appear after pasting in the password and then press enter. When this happens sometimes nothing appears. I also tried typing one character in and waiting a long while to see if a dot would appear and sometimes it will after a long time and sometimes it won't. I was finally able to paste in the password and press enter and got in. This has happened a few times lately. Chrome is running on an external monitor plugged into my Mac laptop, so I'll check moving it to my laptop's monitor next time. I have never seen this problem in Chrome on my Windows PC and external monitor. Thanks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info, @ckp. Here's the Chromium issue for the bug I'm referring to, in case you're interested: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, so now we're in a bit of a bind waiting for Chromium to get the issue resolved.

If you test it out and you're seeing the same lag when using Chrome on your primary display, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.