Suggestions shows un-obfuscated Credit Card numbers right after login

Options

For some reason the 1Password X Suggestions really prioritize my Credit Cards over regular logins. This is an issue since I've been screensharing heavily for work lately. Though no one can see my keystrokes as I login to the extension, nor can they see the un-revealed passwords in the extension, Credit Card numbers are visible in the extension.

The screenshot above is what becomes visible immediately after logging in for me. All the card numbers are immediately visible in plain-text when using the Suggestions option.

I've now been turning screenshare off/back on every time I login (which I should probably be doing regardless) and I've switched to the All Items view option. But it still bothers me that all my plain-text Credit Card numbers could be just one click away...

I remember the Suggestions option used to be better than this, but now it just defaults to showing Credit Cards and Identities?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dynamitenate

I've now been turning screenshare off/back on every time I login (which I should probably be doing regardless)

Agreed. 😆

I remember the Suggestions option used to be better than this, but now it just defaults to showing Credit Cards and Identities?

It is contextual. If you're viewing a web page in a browser, and you have one or more Login items for that page, those items will appear first. If you don't have any Login items for that page, then yes, only credit cards and identities will appear. We do have an improvement request filed to evaluate the page and see if it has fields that could be filled. by a credit card or identity items, and only show those if so. Hopefully that is something that will come eventually. :)

Thanks for the feedback on this.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#1261

• dynamitenate
    dynamitenate
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks, for the response!
    I'll keep an eye out for an improvement like that in future updates.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020
    Options

@dynamitenate – On behalf of Ben, you're welcome! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. :)

This discussion has been closed.