Can 1Pass open a specific browser for some saved logins, when you need diff browser than default?

My default browser is Chromium Edge is Win 10. But there are some sites that require specific functionality only available in IE or Firefox. Is it possible to customize some saved 1Pass logins so that they open a specified browser instead of the default? Is there a way to add CLI style commands in front of the web URL or other trick to do this?

1Password Version: 7.467
Extension Version: 1.19.2
OS Version: Win 10 Enterprise Build 18363
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:open specific browser in win10 for each saved login

Comments

• There's no way to do this in the desktop app, @TGunkel, but for those that need to open in Firefox, I would suggest opening and filling from the Firefox extension instead of the main app. When filling from the extension, 1Password will always choose the browser you have in focus. IE will be a bit more of a struggle because we haven't supported IE for a good long while. We can't fill there at all making the browser extension trick not an option. That said, it looks like Chromium Edge still has IE mode, if that's available to you and works for those sites:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't have access to IE mode personally so I can't say whether or not filling will work seamlessly, but it might provide an option to eliminate the need for IE proper and move those sites into Edge-land with the bulk of your work.

I know none of these are a perfect solution so I will absolutely still pass your feedback along to the team. But, I hope some of this provides some options and allows you to streamline a bit in the meantime. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.