I want to change the category of an entry on 1Password7 running on a MacBook. Please help!

Options
Dilip
Dilip
Community Member

Is there any way to change the category of an item on a MacBook? It's very irritating to copy and paste from pinned item! Thanks for any help....

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I want to change the category of an entry on 1Password7 running on a MacBook. Please help!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dilip

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is not generally possible to change the category of an item. The exception is that items in the 'Passwords' category can be converted to 'Login' items. Other than that, copying and pasting from the existing item into a new item in the destination category would be the only solution for now. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer off-hand.

Ben

• Dilip
    Dilip
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, thanks for your prompt response. I'm sure similar requests such as mine would have come in earlier. If it's just a question of fields, I'm sure someone can program the common ones to be copied across categories! It's really a much needed feature, please help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dilip:

Thank you for your feedback on this. Currently there is no way to do this automatically, so copy and paste is your best option.

This discussion has been closed.