is there a way to have 1P Mini search all fields, just as the full App does?

jlweaver22
jlweaver22
Community Member

In the full App on Mac OS I 1P will find any text in any field. This does not seem to be the case for Mini. Is this not supported or have I not found the right setting to make it happen?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14
Sync Type: Server
Referrer: forum-search:is there a way to have 1P Mini beach all fields, just as the full App does?

Comments

• Hi @jlweaver22

There isn't an option for that currently, no. Perhaps something for the future. :+1:

Ben

• jlweaver22
    jlweaver22
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben! That's what I suspected.

• You're welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• michaelmcdonald
    michaelmcdonald
    Community Member

Would appreciate having this as well!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@michaelmcdonald - thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in this as well. :)

• gggr
    gggr
    Community Member

This is something that is really needed. I just upgraded to the 1P 7 subscription version and was surprised to no longer have the "Search All Fields" option available in mini. Since it was always available in the legacy standalone versions (I have used the standalone verson of 1P versions 4, 5 and 6), does that mean it is available in the IP 7 standalone version but not the subscription version? Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gggr:

No, the feature is not available in 1Password 7, regardless of how you purchased it. And thank you for sharing your feedback as well!

• jinwai
    jinwai
    Community Member

Need this too to make main app and mini app consistent. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback! :+1: :)

• kyleteal
    kyleteal
    Community Member

Why was this removed? It was incredibly useful and so frustrating to have features that exist when you sign up for a service (and be a reason you chose one app over another) to then be removed.

• Thanks for letting us know this feature was important to you @kyleteal. I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to the development team.

Ben

• DarkDiviner
    DarkDiviner
    Community Member

Not only should the feature be there, we should be able to set it as the preferred way of searching. Please open a feature request to set searching all fields as the default for the search boxes.

• DarkDiviner
    DarkDiviner
    Community Member

@ag_tommy - thanks! I intended to ask for it to be configurable.. I'm sure there are some people who would prefer the current search method.. but being able to toggle it should satisfy both camps and really can't be that hard of a feature to implement.

• My personal thoughts in that regard are that the team could do something as you see in the Mac app, where you click a button to expand to all fields. I am not a developer and or designer. I am sure they will come up with a few ideas on such a request.

• BenPass
    BenPass
    Community Member

Agree, this should not have been removed from Mini. Frustrating I had to track down this info and I can't imagine the logic behind doing so. My whole family uses the product and use notes fields etc to hold alternative search terms so as not to clog up titles. I'm finding they've regularly create duplicate entries with different names because their search doesn't bring up what they are searching for so they make a new one. Please implement ASAP. How do I up-vote the feature request? Been using since v2!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BenPass:

Thank you for your comment too! :+1:

• bugsoft
    bugsoft
    Community Member

Upvote - I really, really miss this feature as well!

• Thanks @bugsoft. :)

Ben

• AI2_Admin
    AI2_Admin
    Community Member

Adding my upvote to this as well.

My org (100+ people) is presently in the process of converting from LastPass to 1Pass and one of the major sticking points is that there is no option to search all fields in the mini browser. Please express to your dev team that this is highly desirable and they should bump up the priority for this feature.

Specifically, here's what we'd like to see:

• Add option to 1Password Mini to search all fields
    • Make the option sticky
    • (bonus points) Allow the organization to set this as the default for all users.

Thank you for listening.

• Thanks for the input, @AI2_Admin. We'll continue to monitor feedback on this. :+1:

Ben

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member

I would find this feature useful as well. Thanks for considering it.

• Thanks @dgbeecher. :+1: Out of curiosity, what do you find you're searching for in mini that the current search system isn't finding?

Ben

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member

Hi @Ben ! The thing I'm usually searching for is a bank account number (or just its last few digits). To do this, I need to search in the Mac app and "Expand Search to All Fields." I can't find a way to do this in Mini. (Meanwhile, it's easy to search for credit card numbers, either in Mini or in the Mac app without needing to search all fields.) Let me know if this is helpful or if you need more info. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @dgbeecher! That's a very useful example :+1:

• BenPass
    BenPass
    Community Member

Hello @Ben . My family uses many different things in the notes to make searching more robust. Examples: a hospital login might be named Sharp Healthcare but a family member might search for "doctor" or "hospital" or such. Also if a particular doctor's name or specialty can be entered into the notes so one doesn't have to remember which facility. Also recently the covid PUC program has a few websites, none of which have "COVID" or "unemployment" in the website/1P entry name, so being able to search for those terms in the notes would be helpful. Thanks for continuing to work on implementing this.

• Thank you for the examples @BenPass!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.