MyClevelandClinic app - UserName field not recognized

ScottF100
ScottF100
Community Member

The MyClevelandClinic app has a login function for patients to see their data. Although username and password are setup and work on the website, the UserName field does not add the 1Password button to the iOS keyboard to fill in the username. The Password field works, however.

To recreate:
My test device: iPhone SE 2, iOS 13.5.1, MyClevelandClinic App version 1.0.2965, 1Password app version 7.5.3
1. Have an existing Cleveland Clinic "MyChart" account
2. Open MyClevelandClinic app on iOS.
3. Click on "Connect with MyChart" button
4. Goes to SignIn screen
5. Top "MyChart Username" field with picture of person does NOT have Password option on iOS keyboard to autofill username
6. Bottom "MyChart Username" field with picture of lock DOES have Password option on iOS keyboart to autofill password (and does so correctly).

Not sure if your problem or theirs, but am hoping someone can resolve (or if there's a better place to post site-specific issues, please let me know). Thanks!!

1Password Version: 7.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cleveland

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScottF100! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the report. I went to test this app to see if I could replicate the behavior you are seeing but it looks like the app is not available for download in every country.

In the meantime, can you please confirm something? When you tap on the password field and use 1Password to fill your credentials, does 1Password fill both username and password, or just one of the fields?

• ScottF100
    ScottF100
    Community Member

Only the password field will fill in.

See enclosed picture, showing:
    1. Form when no fields have focus
    2. Form when Username field has the focus. Upper Box, Prompt text says MyChart Username. Note that the keyboard does NOT show the Password option to Autofill and it should.
    3. Form when Password field has the focus. Lower Box, Prompt text also says MyChart Username although this is the password input box (as shown by the Lock icon on the left). Sorry it's a picture, the screen shot function would not capture the keyboard on the screen for some reason.,

• Hi @ScottF100

Thank you for the additional information. I spoke with our development team and unfortunately there isn't anything we could do on our end to modify this behavior. 1Password is supplying autofill with both the username and password. It appears MyChart needs to update their app for better autofill compatibility.

I'm sorry I don't have a more immediate solution here.

Ben

• ScottF100
    ScottF100
    Community Member

Okay, I submitted a comment / bug report pack to the app developers.

• Thanks! Please let us know if you hear anything back. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.