iPad does not sync with family account

WillRHoward
WillRHoward
Community Member

1Password 7.5.3; iPad running iOS 12.4.7; have family account. Even though the app indicates I am successfully signed in to my Family account it does not show updates I have applied on my Mac application. These changes are reflected in my Family account when I sign in using a Web browser and they are reflected on my iPhone iPassword 7.5.3; iOS 13.5.1. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Appreciate help and advice.

1Password Version: 7.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.7
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WillRHoward!

Just for confirmation, do you keep not seeing your items in 1Password on this iPad even when you are in All Vaults view? I wonder if the data is perhaps there, but you are currently looking at a different vault.

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member

Problem occurs when I select All Vaults. I can see items I’ve added. The main problem is it doesn’t update to reflect items I’ve removed. Do I need to remove them manually on the iPad?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@WillRHoward:

No, you don't need to remove them manually from the iPad, sync should work automatically in any case, whether you add items or remove them. Do you by chance have additional vaults in the app that are outside your 1Password account? For example, do you see a vault named Primary in the 1Password app on your iPad?

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

I do see a 'Primary' vault in the 1Password app on my iPad. When I go to that I see a message saying "Deleting your Primary vault will let you use your 1Password account to unlock 1Password"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@WillRHoward:

I think that vault might be part of the problem: when you wrote that you removed some items in your previous post, were these items in the Primary vault by any chance?

I ask because the Primary vault is stored outside of your 1Password account, and therefore is not kept in sync like the other vaults.

If you are using a 1Password Families account, we recommend deleting the Primary vault after you have migrated all your data to your 1Password account. So if everything has been moved over already, and you don't need anything currently stored in the Primary vault, you can remove it from the app.

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member

OK thanks. Yes I think those items were in the Primary vault. I will try that suggestion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @WillRHoward, let us know how it goes and if you have any questions along the way :+1:

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member

That worked. Now iPad syncs correctly with 1Password account across devices. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @WillRHoward! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.