Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password X safari

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dreh0615

There were some very exciting announcements today by Apple at WWDC regarding upcoming support for additional types of extensions in Safari. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves or making any promises, it is possible this would make a 1Password X extension in Safari possible. This is very early on - as I say Apple just announced it to developers today, so ... we'll see. :)

Ben

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member
    Options

I get that. Can you tell me why it's not available currently? I'm part of the Apple Consultants Network and would like to know for myself and my clients.

• Ben
    Options

@dreh0615

I don't believe there is currently a way to build 1Password X as a Safari App Extension, which is the only kind of extension currently possible with Safari.

Safari App Extensions | Apple Developer Documentation

Safari App Extensions require a "containing app" whereas one of the main points of 1Password X is that it doesn't require other software be installed.

Ben

• dreh0615
    dreh0615
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense. To use Adblock Plus, it required an app and two extensions to work. Now I kind of understand why.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

There is safari-web-extension-converter now on the new OS. Will that help? https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10665/

This discussion has been closed.