To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Received an error after downloading 1Password7: "Could not add account to 1Password". Can you help?

Options
jkirkbailey2020
jkirkbailey2020
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Memberships

I'm a 1Password 6 for Mac user. I downloaded 1Password7 a few minutes ago. I tried to create an account to buy a subscription and migrate my data. The system accepted my username and password. I received an email indicating my account had been created. I received an error message on my Mac: "Could not add account to 1Password". I'm very confused now. Also, I now cannot access my passwords with 1Password6. I hope you can help.

1Password Version: can't start 1Password6
Extension Version: can't start 1Password6
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: I think it is iCloud, but can't confirm
Referrer: forum-search:Received an error after downloading 1Password7: "Could not add account to 1Password". Can you help?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jkirkbaileyicloudcom

I'm very sorry to hear that the process did not go smoothly. So that we can get a look at the current state of things, to determine how to best move forward, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114184/received-an-error-after-downloading-1password7-could-not-add-account-to-1password-can-you-help#latest
    • Your forum username: jkirkbaileyicloudcom

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jkirkbailey2020
    jkirkbailey2020
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I just sent the diagnostic report. I haven't received a message this morning from the BitBot assistant.

I did receive a response last night from the BitBot assistant. It was an email with the subject line "Re: [#FPM-83559-372] Question about 1Password".

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for your help

• Ben
    Options

Got it. Thanks @jkirkbaileyicloudcom. We'll review that and be in touch via email as soon as possible.

Ben

ref: FPM-83559-372

This discussion has been closed.