Instruction for creating a favorite don't work

tommy
tommy
Community Member

I would like to design a login as favorite. The instruction says "select the item and press favorites in the sidebar"
I select the item, press favorite in the sidebar and it goes to "all items" while I press it. When I release it lists my favorites.
Instructions not clear at all
No instrycion for removing a favorite but i finally figured that one out

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tommy

I'm sorry for the confusion. Could you please let me know where you are seeing those instructions? Here are the instructions I see regarding Favorites for 1Password for Mac:

(from https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/)

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben Great. thank you. I guess I need new glasses
    I was trying to follow instructions in the link you show. There is no star below the item name and if you select the item and click favorites in the side bar it shows "all items" until you release the star when it shows you favorites
    No mention of dragging either

Tommy

• @tommy

I suspect you may have been reading the instructions under the heading "Organize items on 1Password.com" instead of "Organize items in the apps" > "Mac," which may be the source of the confusion. The instructions for 1Password for Mac say "click ⭐in the top right." Here's a screenshot which illustrates this:

If you do that, does it work as expected? Please let me know, and again my apologies for any confusion on the point. :)

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben With your instructions í got it. It didn't occur to me to drag and I hadn't seen the favorites star you show above.
    I had followed the link you sent. There is says
    Organize items on 1Password.com

Add items to Favorites

To mark an item as a favorite, select it and click below the item name.

To view your favorite items, click Favorites in the sidebar.

In the image the sidebar is shown and "favorites" is highlighted.
    There nothing "below the item name" to clck

Everything is under control now. I had configured favorites before. (This time I changed my Google mail password in a dialogue box using the generate password item. It didn't ask me to update the previous item and for some reason the new password was flagged as wrong by Google. I had to recover it with my social (how they got it I don't know) and I got a new password, this time I was asked to update)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben For Good order'ssake. The password I was changing wasn't google, it was a bank

• @tommy

I had followed the link you sent. There is says

Right. :) There are multiple sets of instructions on that page. The ones you're quoting are for 1Password.com (our web app), not 1Password for Mac. The instructions for 1Password for Mac are further down on the page. Apologies for the confusion caused there.

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@Ben - all clear now. I'm sorry to cause confusion. Like I said, I guess I need new glasses. Gotta blame someone!

• No worries. Glad it's all sorted now. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.