Distinguish sessions named as Chrome

Hi!
I have been using 1password for a long time and and 1password X for some time at this point, I love your products!
I wonder if there is any way to distiguish sessions named as Chrome, which is listed on 1password profile page. On my work PC, I use Chrome, Chromium Edge, and Vivaldi, and I have 1password X on all of them.
It is understandable that they all show up as Chrome as they all use Chrome/Blink engine, but it would be great if there is any way to name the session or distinguish sessions named as Chrome. (I was thinking about resetting one of the browsers and was hard to see which one I should)

Thank you,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ymorired!

I have been using 1password for a long time and and 1password X for some time at this point, I love your products!

Thank you for the kind words :)

I don't believe there is currently a way to distinguish these browsers I am afraid, for the reason you mentioned :(

• ymorired
    ymorired
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thakns for clarification! I'm not sure how many people would be in the same boat, but I would be really happy if it could be added, as I just realized it's hard to distinguish chrome from workmachine and chrome from my personal machine as of now. ( I can check IP address of course, but that's barely a differentiator)

• Just confirming what Ana said: It isn't currently possible to name browser instances in the device list. That said, perhaps that is something we can address in the future. :+1: I agree: if you use the same browser from multiple devices it can be difficult (if not impossible) to differentiate between them.

Ben

• ymorired
    ymorired
    Community Member

Thank for the comment Ben!
    If this can be addressed, that would be neat. I will look forward for the update!

• On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome, @ymorired. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#1804

This discussion has been closed.